DONATE

DONATE ON Edwin-E's Guitar Tabs / Tutorials

D'Addario EJ40 Silk and Steel and EZ900 85/15 Bronze String Comparison

I started playing a little bit more of my Epiphone AJ220S guitar. From stock string, I replaced the strings with D'Addario EZ900 85/15. However, the tone of these strings was not really for my taste. It seemed to be to bright for my taste.  But of course, it really depends on the players preference.  Some guitar players like warm tone, while others like it bright, and some players prefer well balanced tone acoustics. And it also depends to the type of music that they are playing.  The playability of these string set is quite good since this set is extra light. They were easy on my fingers.

After a few weeks, I decided to replace them again with another set. This time I tried the D'Addario EJ40 Silk and Steel strings. The sound from these strings was warm and mellow. This was what I wanted to hear that time, especially on guitar plucking or fingerpicking. It was easy to play as well and the tension seems to be very low. One thing I do not like was that this set had less volume compared to other strings I tried before. And I do not think these strings were good for strumming. You can hear the difference on this video. Feel free to watch it.



No comments:

Post a Comment