DONATE

DONATE ON Edwin-E's Guitar Tabs / Tutorials

Guitar Truss Rod Adjustment on Epiphone AJ-220S Acoustic Guitar



This video is my first attempt on adjusting truss rod.  I did this on my Epiphone AJ-220S acoustic guitar.  I am not an expert on this adjustment and I just followed some YouTube guitar maintenance tutorial videos.  I did a little bit of truss rod adjustment to minimize fret buzz which I noticed when I replaced my guitar strings with D'Addario Silk and Steel strings set.  These strings had lower tension compared to previous strings that were installed on this Epiphone guitar.  The low tension of strings caused less pull on the guitar neck by the strings thereby making the neck bowed outward a little.  To balance out, I reduced the truss rod tension by turning the adjustment head anti-clockwise.  With a little turn on the truss rod nut, I managed to get good results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment