DONATE

DONATE ON Edwin-E's Guitar Tabs / Tutorials

Elixir vs Cleartone Strings Comparison on Taylor 110e Acoustic Guitar




I got a new set of strings and can't wait to try it on my Taylor 110e guitar. But before that, I played the guitar first fitted with Elixir Polyweb strings to compare the difference in the tone.  The strings were not yet old and seems still the same tone as when I installed it.  After restringing with Cleartone treated strings this Taylor 110e acoustic guitar I played it again.  Please watch my video and check out the difference in the tone and be the judge.

Although this is not conclusive comparison between two brands as I used different type of strings and gauges, I enjoyed the test. The Elixir was gauge 12's  with 80/20 Bronze material while Cleartone treated strings was gauge 11's with Phosphor Bronze.

I hope next time I can demo and make comparison video of exactly the same gauges and materials for these two great brands, Elixir and Cleartone strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment