DONATE

DONATE ON Edwin-E's Guitar Tabs / Tutorials

Guitar Nut Height Adjustment on Acoustic Guitar


In this video, I lowered the nut height or the string height on the first fret of my acoustic guitar.  There are two ways to lower the string height on the 1st fret; 1. File the slots of the nut, 2. Shave the bottom of the nut.  I did procedure number 2 in this video.  Shaving the bottom will lower all slots at the same time but, make sure that all the slots are in good condition and with proper depth with respect to other slots.  I did the shaving slow and just a little bit a time and tested every after shaving to make sure that the nut depth will not get lower than the 1st fret.  After several tries, I was able to achieve the nut height that I wanted.  After setting to the correct height, I used a wood glue to attach the nut to the guitar neck and let it settle for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment